Tuesday 5 May 2015

Sleigh Bells

It's Merry Monday and that means it's time for another Christmas card challenge.  This week Bonnie is our hostess and she is challenging us to use wet or dry embossing on our cards.


I went with some heat embossing and came up with this card, that also uses the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.


I white embossed the Santa's sleigh image onto a white card base then carefully sponged Tumbled Glass ink over the top.  I sponged some Broken China ink inside the circle and at the top of the houses and tree to define them a bit more.

The sentiment comes from Winter Wonderland by Mama Elephant and worked well with the image.  I finished off with some Moonshine sequins from SSS.

Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the amazing creations by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Holiday Silhouette (Inkadinkado), Winter Wonderland (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Versamark, Archival Black, Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Sequins, White EP

Cheers
Karren


14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, Karren, this is so pretty with the sponging over the white embossed Santa and sleigh! Love that sentiment and all that white space! Hope you have a great week!

Linda Callahan said...

I am running out of superlatives for you girl! If I were your neighbor I would hire you to make fifty of these for me for the holidays! Fabulous!

Darnell said...

As one who loves turquoise, this really caught my eye, Karren! I love your design and it's perfect for the sketch!! Hugs, Darnell

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, Karren! Love this image and the wonderful color you sponged around it! Such a lovely CAS card!! Hope your having a great week! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card is the perfect take on the sketch Karren - it's stunning and a definite winner in my book!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Gorgeous embossing, Karren! The color is perfect and such a lovely image!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So pretty Karren - love the blue!

Deanne :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I just love this! Great image and so striking! XX

Katie Melhus said...

I love the sponging over your image, it's so subtle and pretty and the silver sequins are the perfect touch!

Unknown said...

What an amazing image and effect ! STunning !

Unknown said...

What an amazing image and effect ! STunning !

Marika said...

Gorgeous!! Can't say anything else!

Debbie said...

lovey idea for this stamp