Wednesday 6 April 2016

You Want Fries With That?

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and this week I have the privilege of being hostess.  I've chosen a bit of an unusual sketch but hopefully it gives lots of room for creativity.


For my card, I watercolored some images from a new-to-me set by Paper Smooches called Think Fast.  This is such a fun set and having two teenage boys in the family, I'm sure it's going to get some use :)  I struggled a bit to get a good red color with the watercolors, so I have pinkish tomatoes and fry box.  The sentiment comes from Sentiment Sampler and the font style matches the images perfectly.  I popped the main panel up on foam tape as is the bun.  The patterned papers are adhered directly to the card base.




Here's a close up of the images.


Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have made some wonderful cards with my sketch, so be sure to check them out and I'd love it if you joined us!

Products used:

Stamps:  Think Fast, Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Ranger Archival Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Watercolor, Let's Bokeh in the Snow (Lawn Fawn), Homespun Gingham (MFT)
Dies:  Think Fast (Paper Smooches), Blueprints 23 (MFT)
Accessories:  Zig Markers, White EP

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Awesome images! They are perfect images for a teen card. I really loved this weeks sketch - it's so interesting and it was super easy for me to come up with a card (love it when that happens!).

Aileen said...

That roll looks good enough to eat, love the design for this card. Wonderful

Michelle said...

Oh how fun!!!

SonjaK said...

Such a fun card! I'm pretty sure that my six year old would love it as well. Off to eat some cake. ;o)

Darnell said...

You had me at fries, Karren!! I would rather eat fries than anything else ever ever!! I am in love with this card!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

what a fun and yummy design, karren! super cool sketch... gotta get my "thinking cap" on for this one!

Linda Callahan said...

I'd love some fries with that thank you! Fun sketch and totally fun card! Love the adorable fast food images! Your watercoloring is perfect!

Jen Mitchell said...

The gingham puts me in mind of a picnic and a hamburger plus fries are what I want to eat at that picnic! What a terrific card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That's a fun sketch and a FUN card to go along with it!

Patti said...

LOVE your sketch!! I had such a fun time playing with it and hope to use it more in the future!

Sweet and silly card! I love the neon colors you used. I have never seen such a darling hamburg and fries!

Patti

Kara Lynne said...

What a wonderful sketch, wide open for your fantastic fries and sandwich to be displayed! Super fun, and a great birthday card for a guy!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card! I love that sandwich and those fries! They are just so fun! Love the sketch this week too!!!

Amy O said...

I love these images! And they pair perfectly with the gingham. Cute card, Karren!

Rita W said...

Well, duh! Who doesn't love fries? :o) I love the sketch so much! It is so fun with that strip of angled paper. I love what you did with it. That's a fun set! Beautifully colored too. :)